Wednesday, November 11, 2015

How About We All Quit Being So Over Sensitive?

Okay - so Starbucks does not have those lovely decals of snowflakes, snowmen, and whatever on the holiday cups this year.  Seriously?  We are going to spend our days pitching a fit over that?  

You know, I want my skinny vanilla latte - I could give a rip about the damn cup as long as it is the right size.

Starbucks is not declaring war on Christianity.  Get a HUGE grip and realize that we have so many groups of people just looking for some damn excuse to get rid of Christmas.  What the company did was rather than go overboard on what all was on the cup, the company just said "Too much energy on this - just go with a solid color - red".  How about we all tell the company - Look, want to avoid more critical comments, just avoid the whole seasonal shit - period.  Hell, I would not mind getting a pumpkin latte or peppermint mocha when I wanted.

No one can do anything without some group of people getting offended.  Good God!  In this country, maybe freedom of speech has been taken a little bit too far.  

All my life, I have been called "fat", "lard ass", and heaven knows what other adjectives for overweight.  Does it hurt?  Hell, yes, it hurts my feelings.  Does anyone give a flip and take a stand to change people's attitudes?  If they do, it never works.

People are so worried about exclusion, but they do not seem to see where they have inclusion.  Rather than complain about Christmas offending them, how about we all observe every religion's spiritual holidays?  Does that ever happen?  No.  Maybe that is where my thoughts regarding religion is bad stems.

I will always be proud of our forefathers for providing us with a place to live that allows anyone to practice their own religious beliefs, say what they feel, and be free.  Let's not soil that gift by being selfish.  Generally speaking, I have never known the holidays to ever leave anyone out - no matter what religion you practice, it is the time of the year that people generally open their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment