Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Why Is It 80 Degrees In Here?!

Last night, I came home and when I entered, the apartment had this stale feel to it.  That is never a good sign.  I was in a world of pain with my back, knee, and felt like I could puke at any time.  I got upstairs and realized it was rather warm.  I check the thermostat and it was 73 degrees.  That is not good because I keep it set at 70 degrees.

The temperature continued to rise through the night to 76 degrees.  To say I did not sleep well was the understatement of the year.  I was truly uncomfortable for my own physical reasons, but top that off with hormonal heat flashes and cannot get cool.  I am NOT a pleasant person to interact with when I am in that condition.

This morning, the temp started with 76 degrees and continued to rise to 80 degrees.  

I called first thing this morning to get someone to check the unit.  Backstory:  Two weeks ago, same damn thing happened - I think all the maintenance dude did was charge the unit with freon, but not sure.  No one ever called to let me know that they did anything.  Today, I am a very unhappy camper.

Nothing seemed to be moving, so I called again.  I was told that a work order was opened to look at the unit.  They realized two weeks ago, I had called about the same issue.  I would think - A/C unit is jacked - fix it right this time!

The dogs are very uncomfortable and they are not alone.  I have fans on and windows opened.  Bo is driving my current PMS state over a line with his Bark-A-Poolza.  Bark, bark, bark.  He hears every little thing and has to bark about it.  I just want to be in an ice-cold room and sleep.  It has been awhile since I have had a good night's sleep, so all of this is not helping.

Praying that the maintenance person will get the unit cooling soon.  Unfortunately, I have a few other issues to get fixed as well.  Problem is - complex people were in here in August and took inventory of those issues.  No one has done anything about them at this time.  Time to start opening more work orders and stay home to make sure the work gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment