Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Technology Woes...

One of the things I missed on my "To Do" list was paying bills and such.  I would have done this last weekend, but I got a bit lazy.  Now, I need to do it, so I have that off my mind.

I ran my errands.  Prescriptions have been either renewed or new ones dropped off for filling.  Friday, after my doctor's appointment (what in the hell was I thinking - blood sugar check up AFTER Thanksgiving?!), I will run my errands to pick up my meds that I have reordered.

Now, I am home and trying to backup and redo my iPad 2's set up.  This poor Dell laptop is catching all sorts of hell.  I bought it in 2009 before my mom passed away.  It was primarily to be used as a gaming system for when I was over there taking care of my mom.  I needed a release and blowing away aliens would always make me feel a bit better.  Farmville simply was not cutting it.  Sort of where I am with Sim City BuildIt on my phone - I set things to be either grown, baked, or made, then forget to get them.

Anyway, I have rebooted this system several times.  Not sure why the laptop is having so many issues with the iPad2 connected.  iTunes takes forever to start and run.  It is beginning to really annoy me.  All the more reason I need to put aside some money and create a Windows 10 main server.  That way, it would be so much better.  

It is pretty disgusting the "lab" I have created.  I have a bunch of systems, one that is about 20 years old.  I like using it because I can practice some of the interesting things using networking and so forth.  No such lab at work.  The company won't provide that to us, but it would be very helpful.  I gain so much from just "playing" with new software and such.  Much easier to break and fix a system and not have a bunch of people yelling at my desk to fix it.

So, I guess another reboot is in order.  Maybe I will sort out the budget and all will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment