Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful, But Very Annoyed...

Today is Thanksgiving.  While I sit here and feel thankful for the privileges provided to me in this world and life, I am really annoyed beyond belief.  Technically, I am trying to find that place where I laugh this all off, but I am finding it difficult right now.

My oven does not work, so I am not too confident about cooking anything in it.  Starting Tuesday, the A/C quit working.  True - this time of year begs for cooler temps, but living in Texas, the weather is psychotic.  Freezing one day, blazing hot the next.  

Nothing pisses me off more than to have been jacking with the A/C throughout the summer.  Before the really bad heat of summer, I contacted the maintenance that the A/C was not working.  I was told to change the filter.  I had already done that and the one he took out was not that dirty.  However, he also charged the unit with coolant.  Towards August, it happened again.  I had already changed the filter, so it could not be that.

The unit got another charge of coolant.  In the past 6 weeks, the unit stops cooling after 2 weeks exactly.  It is obvious that there is a leak and it needs repair.  However, it is also apparent that they do not want to "fix" the issue - just band aid it until winter really hits and I am supposedly using the heater.

HELLO!!!!!  FIX THE DAMN UNIT!!!!!

Come Spring - I will be very intolerant of the situation.

The carbon monoxide unit chirped last night - indicating that the battery is drained again after 8 days.  I changed the battery, but with the 80 degree apartment (with the windows opened), the dogs were just not having anything to do with it.

I am eternally grateful that Aloft hotel in Frisco had a room available for the dogs and I.  I was so angry that it had to come to this - having to get a hotel room for the night just to get cool and some sleep.  

For as many times as I have been to Aloft for an overnight stay due to something haywire at the apartment, I have never taken a shower.  This time, I did it.  I felt awful and nasty and tonight, damn it, I was going to get a good night's rest.

Once I got the dogs settled with their leashes off, bowl of water, then setting the thermostat to 65, I headed to the shower.  Even though it is just a shower stall, I really like it.  With my knee hurting, having to lift my right leg to get into the bathtub for a shower at the apartment is a pain.  However, this was so nice.  Bonus for the dogs, I did not lock them out of the room.  As long as I am in their sight, they will lie down and wait for me to finish whatever I am doing.  

After that, I felt a lot more relaxed.  I dried my hair quickly with no styling - no point.  I climbed into bed and the dogs found their spot and we all settled in for the night.  Chloe hardly left my side - it was sweet.  She was not breathing heavy due to being hot - I knew she was comfortable.

I would say that we all slept well last night.  It stayed cool and it was very comfortable.  This morning, as I walked the dogs around the hotel, I even considered getting the room again for tonight.  However, I thought better of it.  I was very grateful that we were able to get the room, have a good night's sleep, and the room was on a discounted price.  

As I was lying on the bed thinking before getting ready to leave the hotel, I thought about how I was fortunate to be able to have gotten the hotel room.  Also, here I am complaining and getting angry over this business with the apartment and I realize that there are some people who wish that they even had that choice.  At that point, I felt stupid for being so angry.  My situation could be a lot worse and I need to be more thankful for the ability and choices I have.  Others less fortunate than myself do not have that.  I hope that for those people, their lives will get better and that for today, they can get a hot meal, dry place to stay, and blessed with an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment