Monday, November 16, 2015

My Thoughts on the Paris Bombings...

I just happened to be listening to The Ticket when I heard the news about the bombings in Paris.  Oddly enough, the next show would spend some time discussing the breaking news and activity.  

I was horrified to know that bombs were detonated at a soccer stadium, people were shot while simply enjoying their meals outside, and those who were held in the Bataclan and being picked off.  It was just something unimaginable and threw me back to how I felt when the twin towers were hit by the airplanes.  The sick part of the twin towers incident was that I watched in horror when the second plane hit the second tower.  I was sick to my stomach.  

I remember 9/11 and the day after as being so somber.  Driving into work, I would see the military airplanes flying around the Dallas/Fort Worth skies.  I wondered if life would ever return to any sort of normalcy.

I realize that there are places where bombings and such terrorist activities take place every day.  Suddenly, people are offended by those who wish to show their support for France during this time.  We should show support for all who endure these issues.

While I do not disagree that all who suffer at the hands of terrorists should see support, France showed us support when 9/11 occurred.  My ancestors are French and I have a special place in my heart for France.  I always will.

I would love for those who go on about the vicious cycle of violence to take a hard look at the situation.  While those will point out peace talks with Putin and so forth, remember Israel and Palestine - Decades of peace talks and there are still bombings there.  It never ends.  

The reason it never ends is because the terrorist factions must be eliminated completely.  No one wants that because that means killing men, women, and children.  However, if a leader is taken down, then another one just pops up.  If you want a sick mindset, let's discuss those terrorists in Africa where they capture the boys and train them to kill.  No one ever wants to hurt a child, but what do you do when they are carrying out the duties to kill you?

Terrorists are exactly that - Terrorists.  These people have no care for human life.  It is all about power and control for them and as many have said, let's not let them have that.  It is what they seek; it is what they desire.  Do not allow those people to take that from us.

Am I angry that France began bombing areas?  No.  I do remember that France was not behind us when we started bombing Iraq.  Remember the Freedom Fries?  Is it wrong?  Who is to really judge?  I can say the following - every country needs to band together against these terrorists.  Locate who is fueling these terrorists groups with "blood money" and eradicate the financial backing, then go after the leaders, then those who would follow up.  In the end, you have to kill all of them before you are done.  As disgusting as it seems, that is more or less the end game.  The only problem, someone will rise up to do the same again.

I have come to the belief that there will always be violence in this world.  We can all preach about peace and love all day long, but at the end of the day, someone will have done something.  It never fails.  In order to stop the circle of violence, we must look within ourselves and stop that which begins at home.  

As for France, my thoughts and prayers for those who lost their lives, still in the hospital, the loved ones suffering from their losses, and the country as a whole for being put into fear.  I know the French are proud and will continue to show the world that they are strong.  Just know that there are many who are there with you.

1 comment:

  1. Love this line..."In order to stop the circle of violence, we must look within ourselves and stop that which begins at home."

    ReplyDelete