Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Spirit Alive and Well...

Since I only have to work half a day today, I ran over to McDonald's and Starbucks for breakfast and coffee.  I still need to get my Keurig up and running, so I have hopes for that happening by tomorrow.

At McDonald's, the person in front of me paid for my breakfast and Starbucks comp-ed my coffee.  I paid for the person behind me at McDonald's and thanked Starbucks.  I decided to reload my card this morning in order to get other goodies later today.

I was incredibly thankful for such kindness.  However, I did feel someone else deserved it more than myself.  For me, I am just trying to survive the holidays to move on to more important things - such as getting my life off of life support and moving forward.

My God bless those wonderful people who think of others and do just the simplest of things.  It makes me feel that there is more to Christmas than the retail hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment