Monday, December 21, 2015

Downhill Week for Christmas...

Yesterday, I had a rude awakening.  I had to realize that this week is the downhill rush to Christmas on Friday.  Why was it a rude awakening?  I had an appointment to get my hair cut at the mall and the parking lot was damn near full.  Holy cow - the number of people in the mall was incredible.

I made a point to get some pretzel bites and the wait in the line was painful.  It took forever and my back and stiff legs and butt were giving me hell.  

To be honest, my whole day got trashed due to having to check on a work maintenance that took place that morning.  I was late to my appointment, so my regular stylist was not available.  I had someone else cut about 1" off and just shape up my hair.  My regular stylist kept apologizing for not being able to work me in, but I told her I was the one who was late.  That is not her fault.  I was angry that I was late due to some issues that could have been prevented.  However, that was then; this is now.

Today, I need to get some regular shopping done.  I also need to figure out my budget.  That is the part that I am rather annoyed.  Quicken and Chase have mucked up my account, so this will be a manual process.  I figure I have overspent a bit, but hoping that is not too much.  Luckily, I do have my Christmas money to use just in case.  I think I am okay, but I like being comfortable, so I need to be sure.

Saturday night, I went to a Christmas party.  I had a lot of fun.  I am getting better at eating and drinking.  I am good with drinking non-alcoholic drinks at parties.  I know I have a long drive home, so I barely drink.  I have always been that way.  However, I was good at staying away from the sweets and I only ate what I thought was decent food - olives, veggies, and meat.

At the party, the hosts had a Jenga like game.  I love that game.  Everyone has fun, help each other out, and generally have a great time.  People inside the house are able to eat, drink, talk, and watch TV.  We were doing the same outside on the patio, but playing the game was a lot more fun.

However, I still feel sunken in with all of my set backs.  The pity party is taking too long - time to get up and get it all sorted out.  I have gotten tickets to see a few movies.  That is my own present to myself.  I may pick up a few games today, but I won't get to play them until Saturday or Sunday.  I do plan to get a prime rib roast.  I will cook it on Sunday and make mashed potatoes, and prepare either broccoli or asparagus.  I may even get some brussel sprouts.  I also need to get some salad makings.  With the left over meat, I can also make beef and noodles.

The following week, I will get a small ham, cabbage, hog jowls, and black eyed peas.  I will pick up some potato salad from Red, Hot, and Blue as well as make some deviled eggs.  I need some luck for the upcoming year.  

After the holidays, I will need to crack down and get busy with making my own happiness.  Cook more; eat out less.  Measure my food and make myself accountable for what I eat.  Work on riding a bike for 30 minutes a day.  I may need to build up to it, but my goal is to go to YMCA and ride the stationary bikes there.  Maybe I might be able to get more walking done at some point.  Also, build myself to drinking a gallon of water a day. 

I want this coming year to be better than this year.  I had a lot of sadness and set backs.  I want to work myself to being much better - emotionally as well as physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment