Thursday, December 10, 2015

Just Want to Chuck It All...

I have lived in my current apartment complex for 10.5 years.  It is located in a nice area in Plano.  As I have renewed each lease agreement, most of the time, my rent increases.  This past September, my rent went up an additional $70/month.

So, here is my problem - maintenance issues.  From the beginning, I have complained about a dripping air vent in my second bathroom.  All that ever gets done is removal of the filter and being told I need to change the filter more often.  Problem is - the vent continues to drip.  This generally starts in mid-May and stops when the fall begins for the year.

Now, the A/C coolant runs out and I am left with simply a fan blowing air.  Since the week before the end of October, I have had to call every 2 weeks regarding the A/C.  Last week, the maintenance men were supposed to come in and check for a leak because this problem continues.  Not sure what they did, but the left the heater setting at 90 degree with the dogs in the apartment.  It was a good thing I was only going to PT, but I was more pissed that they would not call to let me know when they would be arriving.  I have two smoke alarms where I need the batteries changed.  That did not get done as I had asked in the work order.

All that gets done is adding coolant, then the maintenance men close out the ticket.  Sure, the A/C is running now, but ask me in two weeks!  Tonight, the apartment temperature is 78 degree and neither the dogs or myself are very comfortable.  I even have the windows open and nothing is getting cooler.

Two weeks before Thanksgiving, a maintenance man came in to fix the running toilet, which I reported broken on August 19th when the apartment representatives came in for an inventory check.  Three months to fix a running toilet?!  I ended up paying over $300 in wasted water due to the failing toilet.  What was the fix?  A new flap in the tank.

I make sure my rent is paid before the first of the month.  I keep to myself and I do not bother the neighbors.  I walk my dogs in the appropriate places and pick up their mess.  So, explain to me why I must wait to get a chronic problem such as the A/C unit fixed?!

I bet that they do not even have the work order to fix my oven as well.  Needless to say, I am so peeved at this situation that I cannot see straight.  Is it fair that I have to go stay at hotel for the night because I need the sleep?

I am so stinking tired of this mess.  It is really old and I am so disgusted and fed up.  Tomorrow, I will have to have that nasty meeting with the apartment management about what does it take to get the A/C fixed - NOW?!  Do I need to call someone from outside to fix the issue?  If so, I expect not to have to pay rent for a couple of months.  Better yet, allow me to break my lease and move to another complex, which is not what I want - I would rather move into a house, but I want that to be my choice.  

I am so angry, I really have no clue what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment