Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Making the Minor Changes...

The past few days, I have been experiencing a sharp, pinching pain in my lower back.  It has gotten so bad that I cannot stand straight.  I end having to go lie down on the bed and it is so frustrating.

So, now, I am trying to curb my tendency to drink diet sodas.  I am working harder to drink either straight water or unsweet tea.  I am better off that way.  Maybe, in a month when I see the kidney doctor, my blood work will look much better.  

Try harder to eat healthier and curb the tendency to overeat.  I would like to say, I would not mind overeating the vegetables.  However, I know it is possible, but the calorie count would be less than overeating potato chips or candy.  Perhaps, that might have a positive affect on my weight - by dropping weight.

I am so tired of dealing with the back and knee pain.  The pain wears me down and I get depressed because I cannot get those things done that I was able to do back in early 2014.  It is pretty annoying.

I noticed that a yoga studio is opening up right next door to the apartment complex.  It would be nice to get past a lot of this pain and see if yoga could help.  I am tired of being exhausted and worn down.

I have noticed that I am walking more.  I am working harder to get more than 5000 steps in each day.  It is a small goal because for a while, I was getting less than 4000 steps done in a day.  I am not going to push 10,000 steps just now.  I need to get past the 5000 steps and try for 6000 steps.  Baby steps.

I just have to keep reminding myself - this is a LONG haul to change your life.  This is not a diet or whatever where I go back to eating like a fool.  I have to make life changes.  I do not wish to get weight loss surgery - there are way too many "NOs" when I should be able to make the right changes in my life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment