Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Procrastination and Other Things...

For most of this year, I have been putting off getting U-Verse installed.  Mainly because my home is in such disarray and I have not been physically well enough to get anything done.  When I have been trying, something happens to prevent any progress or I get a set back.  

Yesterday, I changed the appointment from today to sometime in January.  Unfortunately, that change did not take and the appointment was still scheduled for today.  I was able to call and reschedule and I felt bad about that, but I won't be here and I would hate to waste that person's time.

Yesterday, I also went to visit the orthopedic regarding my right knee.  My back pain was so bad on Sunday that I ended up over cooking my prime rib roast and I had not meant to do it.  I had to sit down a lot to get relief from the back pain.  That is how bad my physical situation has been over the past several months.  It has slowed me down so much that I cannot get anything done.

Anyway, I prayed that the doctor would try shots in my knee, even though I cringed at the thought.  Everyone said how much the shots in the knee hurt.  While sitting there and watching them prepare the cortisone shot, I grabbed a pillow in order to bury my head for the pain.  Quite honestly, I am so tired of pain period.  

The doctor got a good laugh regarding my silliness.  The nurse deadened the knee, then the doctor gave me the shot all the while talking to me - I never even felt it go into my knee.  He laughed and said "You really are one of those."  I said I could not stand the pain and needles.  However, that was so painless, I promised to forward his card to as many people as possible.  It is true - it was painless.  The steroid shot in my left hand in 2014 hurt a hell of a lot, but this was no issue.

This morning, I experienced very little pain when I got up and walked around.  However, when I did walk the dogs, my knee started to hurt a bit, but I was feeling a lot better and not broken down.  For that, I am very grateful.  Yesterday, I felt so broken down that I could barely stand straight due to the back pain.

I am praying that the shots will improve my situation with my knee and allow me to walk and such without pain.  That one shot in my left hand did so much to help me back in 2014.

My other problem issue has been my blood sugar.  It really has gone crazy.  I never can seem to get the numbers down.  However, if you consider the foods I have eaten, it all makes sense.  I am going to have to start getting more fresh vegetables and such in my diet.  All of the casseroles are killing me.  It will probably be awhile before I have any pasta dishes as well.  I figure I need to avoid Tex-Mex places as well.  

While I say these things, I really need to figure out the moderation pieces.  That is what is most important.  In regard to the casseroles, I really need to start bringing some sort of fresh vegetable dish such as baked sweet potatoes or even steamed veggies.  Maybe fix a large portion of asparagus and broccoli.  If no one else eats them, I will and I can always take back the left overs for those.  I just have to make a point to do these things from now on.  I just do not wish to offend anyone, but I have got to make efforts on my part.  I cannot expect nor do I want people to go out of their way for me.  That makes me feel uncomfortable.  However, if I bring something, I have a better chance of eating what is better for me and I can eat the other starches in moderation.

At this point, I am trying to rest my knee a bit more after the shot.  Also, trying to properly analyze my eating habits.  I need to locate my triggers for eating too much or eating something I really should take a pass.  Everything should be considered the same, but those items that cause my blood sugar to spike should be allowed in moderation.  That is where I want to be - finding that niche where it all works together.

No comments:

Post a Comment