Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Phone Surveys...Don't Call Here...

I recently got a call from some place, CCI.  I get this drivel about a survey regarding television programming and children.  While I consider my dogs my children (with fur), I do not have children or grandchildren.  Before I can say anything, the woman on the other end, blurts out about having the ability to choose the programming that I want for my children or grandchildren.

I told her I had no children or grandchildren (by default).  However, I am so tired of these busy-body groups who want to change TV programming because something offends them.  As I was brought up, you have two choices:  1.  Change the channel  2.  Turn off the TV.

There is a third option - check the TV scheduling and pick out your own programming.  If there is nothing on TV, then just turn off the boob tube, play board games, or read.  Spend time with your families rather than sitting in front of the TV.  Furthermore, listen to some radio shows.  Good grief!  Look at everything I have come up with just sitting here.

Being overweight, people consider me lazy.  In some instances, true, but you know what, I am not so lazy that I realize what my choices are in life and make them.  You have to be pretty damned lazy to sit back, get offended, and demand changes.  How is that allowing other to live their lives as they see fit?  Maybe adults enjoy these shows, that should not mean that someone who cannot figure out other activities other than sitting in front of the TV should be dictating what I can and cannot watch.

Be a parent and make the tough choices.  Don't fall into the trap that everyone else should be following the same patterns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment