Tuesday, December 22, 2015

World Stopped for Me...

The other day, I realized that the world stopped for me in 2008.  I was getting something from the refrigerator and looked up at the white board calendar.  I had not changed it since June 2008.  

That month had been an incredibly busy one and the following month would be the one where my mom found out she had inoperable lung cancer.  I never got around to changing the white board.  There was never any time.

As I talked to a friend of mine, I noted that life had stopped for me in 2008.  I have been able to do a few things since that time, but essentially, everything came to a halt.  I realized I need to give myself a bit of a shock and get back to living.

Not sure I really want to keep the white board calendar.  I need to think about its true usefulness.  I have a lot on my mind for what I need to be doing this upcoming year.  More importantly, I need to get back to living a healthy positive life.  I have lived in the dark for far too long.  It won't bring my mother back and it is not helping me deal with other life matters.

I do not expect miracles.  I do expect progress.  As I told someone the other day complaining about his "Biggest Loser" weigh in - he had lost another 4 lbs after the final weigh-in.  You have to see where you came from and admire the big picture.  This friend had gone from 295 lbs to 201.  That is a LOT of weight to lose and nothing to be ashamed.  So what if the Biggest Loser has you four pounds heavier.  Overall, you are still a winner.

1 comment: