Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Achieving Simple Living - Day 3...

Day 1 - I managed to write up my dreams of what I would like to see in my life and what I really want.

Day 2 - I cleared out the underwear drawer.  Threw away worn out items and put still usable items into a plastic drawer system for storage in the closet.  As various pieces wear out, throw them out and grab from storage.  Considering how much I kept buying underwear while staying at my parents' house during my mom's illness, I have an over abundance of those items.  Same goes for socks.  This weekend, go through my make up drawers and clear those out or move stuff into the larger storage.  What is unopened/unused, I will donate to the local women's shelter.  I might be able to do the same with a couple of purses that I have. Otherwise, throw out if I have not used in 6 months.  I hate to do that, but shoot, I have to get rid of stuff.

Day 3 - today - Finding 20 minutes of just quiet time to think.  No music and no reading - just sit and ponder in the quiet.  I would do it while walking, but I end up having to walk the dogs and there is no real quiet doing that.

I feel energized.  I have a purpose and a goal.  I am taking off Friday and Monday, so I am going to step away from work those two days and concentrate on decluttering as much as I can in this apartment.  I will go through my DVD collection and only keep those DVDs that I really love.  Look to sell the ones I have that are still in good condition.

I am thinking of getting another bookcase for the living room.  There I will put my few cookbooks and other odds and ends.  See if I can donate some of the computer books I no longer use.  Luckily, I am moving towards the electronic age of using Kindle and iTunes.  That helps with the clutter.

Slowly, but surely, I will get my life under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment