Sunday, October 28, 2012

Early morning grumpiness...

Last night, I fell asleep watching Miranda on PBS.  I love that show.  She is quirky and basically a very "normal" person whom I can relate.  Like her mother, my mom was very pretty and before she got married, she had several boyfriends.  Me?  Completely different story.

Anyway, my work cell phone started ringing at 6:30 AM.  I have been up since that time, so that required a visit to Starbucks for a venti pumpkin spice latte.  I also picked up a sausage egg mcmuffin with cheese.  I feel a bit better now.

I have made out my grocery list.  I will be heading over to the grocery store to get those items as long as something for lunch.  Dedicating the rest of my day for cleaning the kitchen and living room.  I can finally open the balcony door and allow the dogs to go out there while I vacuum the floors.

I am not really committed to much today.  I am sure that there are more "important" things that I should be doing according to some.  However, this business regarding my apartment is more pressing.  I live here and I am tired of the mounting mess.

My other goal is to take back my life.  I know I say it all of the time, but it is something I need to do.  I need to make changes in my life to make "me" happy.  Yes, damn it!  I am going to be selfish for a change.  I have put others and their opinions before myself.  When these people start living my life, then we can talk.  Otherwise, take a stinking hike!

One thing I have toyed around in my mind is really radical.  I have thought about dying my hair jet black and getting hot pink and blue streaks.  Why?  Heck - sounds like it would be fun.  I know a woman at work with hot pink streaks in her hair.  I figure, why not?  Would my hair be that much of a distraction?

I know - 46 year old trying to be a kid.  Of course, it was something I always wanted to do with my hair.  I guess my inner rebel is dying to break out and do a little dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment