Tuesday, October 2, 2012

As seasons change, so does my sinuses...

I love fall.  I love watching the leaves turn into beautiful colors and the cooler air.  Seasons are much like how we grow old.  The Spring - everything is young and fresh.  Summer - hot and steamy.  Fall - the wiser beauty comes.  Winter - harsh cold and the passing of what was there.

Heh - so much for my insightful side. 

The morning ritual in my home is that the dogs generally wake me up to let me know it is THAT time.  Time to run them outside for their morning constitutional.  As the seasons change, the more I notice how my nose runs and I get a lot of drainage in the back of my throat.  Last night, I felt the beginning of a scratchy throat.  Time to drink even more water.

When I get back inside my apartment, I spend the next 20 minutes clearing out my sinuses in order to get rid of the drainage and runny nose.  It is annoying.  However, it is also my body's way of noticing how the seasons change.

No comments:

Post a Comment