Friday, October 26, 2012

Difficult week behind me...

This week has not been an easy one.  Yesterday, I found out that a possible job opportunity had been removed in favor of hiring contractors for the position.  *sigh*  It made me incredibly sad.  I was hoping to work with a former manager and possibly get away from the high stress. 

I allowed myself to wallow in the anger, resentment, and depression.  Now, it is time to reflect on what it is that I really want and how to go about getting it.  My main goal is to reduce the stress and gain more time to do the things that I value the most. 

In other news, the weather is starting to actually feel like "fall."  It is a bit nippy outside and of course, the dogs love that.  This is their kind of weather.  Tomorrow morning, it is supposed to get into the upper 30's.  Now, there is a cold snap.  Perfect weather for me to turn on the self-cleaning for the oven - warm the apartment without using the heater.  :-)

Tomorrow, I definitely need to concentrate on the things I need to get done.  I am over my "energy crisis"...well, somewhat.  I am still suffering from the all nighter pulled last weekend.  Laundry and dishes are on the top of my list.  After that, clear clutter in the living room, then work on the kitchen.  Sunday, work on the bedroom.

Next weekend, I hope to go see two movies.  Alex Cross and Chasing Mavericks.  I love the Alex Cross series by James Patterson.  I like "talk radio" for when I am working.  I guess I like it because I can work and follow along at the same time.  Also, I have this fascination with just listening to the radio as many people did in the early 1900's.  I do not need TV all of the time.

Anyway, I got hooked on Alex Cross series by listening to the audio book London Bridges.  After that, I started reading the paperbacks that my mom had.  She was amazed that I read 3 books in one day and could actually talk about what I had read.  So, I had my own mind set for who should play the various parts.  I think Tyler Perry will make a great Alex Cross.

As for Chasing Mavericks, all I am going to claim is that I love Gerard Butler.  I won't deny it - he is handsome and the voice...that is all it takes.  Still, he is a great actor as well.

This evening, I watched Mockingbird Land.  It is a revamp for The Munsters.  I love Eddie Izzard, but the show itself was very clever and I loved how they updated the various characters.  Too bad that it was just a one-off.  Maybe the ratings will help it along...who knows.

Time to watch this week's episode of Elementary.  Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are great as Sherlock Holmes and Watson.  Making Sherlock a recovering addict is a very modern twist.  I have watched the Sherlock BBC Series and loved that as well.  Heck - I even love the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. All are very well done in my opinion.

Time to just relax...oh, I cannot forget today's message from God:

On this day of your life, we believe God wants you to know ... that you are a human being, not a human doing.
Take time to just be, to breathe slowly, to feel your body that is the temple of your soul. No activities, no worries, no buzzing.
 
Hmmm...maybe we are both on the same wavelength?  BTW - where is that successful man who is in the medical field who will be crazy about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment