Thursday, October 11, 2012

Procrastination...

For as long as I can remember, I have suffered from procrastination.  As I got older, I realized areas where I could not procrastinate.  I had to take special care that projects were planned properly and given plenty of lead way.  Murphy's Law is a bitch - take it from me.

Still, I cannot get over taking the time to make sure I get my part of a project done in a timely manner.  Then expected to help the person who waited until the night before to complete their part.  It is a consistent pattern. 

This week, I have been really suffering from a lack of energy.  In the mornings, I feel like I am dragging and by the end of the day, all I want to do is go to bed.  So, here I am helping someone who decided to wait until the last minute to do something and it is failing.  Needless to say, I am grumpy.

I realize that this is probably payback for all of those times when my mom stayed up with me for similar reasons.  I only hope that she is smiling when she sees I am doing much better at making it early or on time with my various appointments and projects.

Still, I have to deal with Murphy's Law tonight.  Only have a day to make sure there are no issues and guess what - there is a problem.  Nothing I can do to fix it right away - it takes time to get renewals.  Oddly enough, the pieces I did, seem to work beautifully, but the parts my partner did are failing.  I am supposed to figure out the fail.

Since is is very last minute, I conjured up a quick solution.  Use the pieces I created to keep the application working while sorting out the other person's issues.  Maybe I can get some sleep soon!

On my Simple Living project, I am behind.  I am too OCD for my own good, but I will catch up soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment