Friday, October 5, 2012

Technology Highs and Lows...

I am huge fan of new technology.  Then, again, there are some things where I go "Nah - I don't think so."  Not a huge fan of going out and buying a 3-D TV.  My current TV does enough for me.  Outside of that, I do not want to buy 3-D glasses to watch TV.  It really is not necessary for me.

However, some technology, I love.  When I used my Palm TX to keep track of my appointments and such, I used Pocket Quicken for my portable check book.  It was great!  I would make a payment/write a check, put the entry into Pocket Quicken, then when I got home, sync my changes and they would appear in Quicken on my desktop.  I loved that!

Well, when smart phones came around, the Palm TX became obsolete, but there was no program available that would do what Pocket Quicken could do.  Until now.  Apparently, Quicken has worked out something using the iCloud for helping sync the transactions.  Of course, I have to go out and get Quicken 2013 to make this work, but then again, I have Quicken 2011 on my desktop.  It is probably time to upgrade anyway.

Time to get back to the "cleaning".

No comments:

Post a Comment