Friday, October 12, 2012

Future planning...

This week, my plans regarding cooking pretty much disintegrated quicker than expected.  First, I was not feeling my best.  Next, a friend not only fixed an impromptu dinner for the both of us, but wanted me to go out to dinner the very next night.  So, left with some spoiled food.

I hate it when that happens.  Hoping that I regain my energy soon.  I hate that dragging feeling.  It makes me cranky and not very pleasant.  In regards to the friend, she is taking off to Washington DC, so I can really devote time to my own projects and cook my own food.

So, this weekend, I have planned to do the following:

Continue my work for Simple Living - 30 days
Take advantage of my extra space for setting up my "mise en place"
Get more shrimp and chicken tenderloins
Cook Shrimp Gumbo for Saturday and put away leftover for lunch and dinner during the week
Cook Hungarian Chicken Goulash for Sunday and do the same

I have "work" work to do, but I am going to try to wrap that up early, so that the rest of the weekend is MINE!  :-)

I get these "God wants you to know" on Facebook.  Today's message was interesting:

that decision is only wishful thinking until you take that first irreversible step.
You can tell yourself that you have already decided, that nothing now can stop you, but if that step backwards is so much safer than step forwards, what will hold you true to your path when the going gets tough? Sometimes, the right thing to do is to take that first irreversible step, the one after which you cannot go back. And now, for you, is one of those times.
 
So, I need to make that first irreversible step.

No comments:

Post a Comment