Monday, October 15, 2012

Worrying Over My Furry Babies...

He is my "special little guy."  I adopted Bo April 2, 2007.  Little did I know how sick he was until I got him.  I took Bo to introduce him to the family when I got him.  My mom could tell that he was very sick.  The poor little guy only weighed 8.6 lbs and you could easily feel between the ribs.

When I headed home with my new "baby", my mom cried because she believed that he would not make it because he was so sick.  She was worried about what his death would do to me.

Well, I got him to our usual vet and she got the little guy all fixed up.  He had almost every kind of worm and to top it off, he had an intestinal infection.  Also, the food I gave him would come right back out - quickly.

He got the shots and meds and I started seeing the little dog I thought I would be getting - "Mr. Playful" showed up.

Years later, Bo is still around and very much healthy.  He weighs 16.4 lbs and is quite happy.  Unfortunately, we have to deal with the occasional back problem.  Sunday was the start of one of those days.

I noticed Bo had hopped up on the sofa and fell asleep.  I did not bother him, so after I sat down to eat, I began to see that something was not quite right.  I gave him some pain meds, but that did not seem to work for him.  We ended up at the vet this morning because I just did not want this to continue.

He had to be sedated for X-Rays, got an injection for pain, pain pills, and instructions to restrict activity for the next 60 days.  Yeah - I can try, but I cannot promise much on that.  If you know Bo, he has a mind of his own.  However, right now, I can control his activity because he really does not want to move. 

I realized that I am lucky that this is the worse for him.  Another friend had to make that tough decision for his "baby" today.  While I was sitting in the office, I teared up because I know I will have to face that at some point.  Right now, I will do what I can for Bo to get him better. 

Today's Message From God to Me:

On this day of your life, Melissa, we believe God wants you to know ... that it's okay to ask for help.
Sometimes we get overwhelmed with the details and complexities of our lives. Sometimes we need some help to get untangled, to gain a new perspective. Ask for help. Help may come in human or divine form. It may be seen or unseen. Ask, and ye shall receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment