Monday, January 6, 2014

Anniversary...

Today is the 4th year that my mom has been gone.  Quite honestly, not a day goes by that I do not think about it.  I sometimes weep because I no longer have that person I depended upon for advice.  I spend a lot of time thinking of what she would say to me in order to find solace in this crazy life I live.

I look at the angel I bought for her the Christmas before she passed away.  I did not know what I could get her that Christmas - everything at that time was so bleak.  I was in the Hallmark store and saw the angel.  I noticed that the figurine allowed for a charm to be attached.  I got the silver heart shaped "Mom" charm.

When I gave it to her, she just held it for hours.  I felt awful that I could not give her more, but I had no idea of what to give her.  Today, I am pretty sure she just wanted for me to be happy.  That would have made her very happy in return.

As I start this new year by changing myself, I know she is with me and wants to see me happy.  I know she could not bear the thought of me being alone and that troubled her the most.  So, together, we will make this work.

I love you , mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment