Thursday, January 16, 2014

Freedom of Mind...

I got an alert that I had a new "Today's Message From God" on FB.  I read it and it bothered me a bit:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

no matter what happens to you, you always have freedom of mind.

That means you always have freedom to choose the path of virtue over the path of suffering, to choose being one with God over being alone.

I do not necessarily think that one "chooses" to be alone.  I find this message interesting in that I prayed for someone to come into my life.  I have always believed that God has been there in my life.  I know there are so many lessons to learn, but I have always thought of God being in my life.

On the subject of "Freedom of Mind", I believe that we do have the freedom to choose right from wrong.  That can be whether you decide to have that piece of cake or not, when you are on a diet.  Or choosing not to say what you really feel vs a sugar-coated politically correct version.  That is our freedom of mind.

I have had an utterly crappy day with work.  All I can say is that no matter what I do, for some people, it is never good enough.  I am so fed up with guessing what to do or how to go about getting what is needed.  I feel that someone else needs convey this better or let someone else run these types of things. 

I contacted the new manager and asked about setting up a cut over date.  I think the change will do me a lot more good.  I have had my fill with what I am doing now.  I do not even want to force myself to concentrate.  That is just not like me and I know it.

Last night, I truly enjoyed a great dinner at PF Chang's and getting some fabulous friend time with Random Cathy.  I am blessed to have such a wonderful friend back in my life.  I was incredibly nervous to show her what I had done with the book idea, but it really bolstered my confidence when she gave me some great advice and suggestions.  All very positive.  I hope I can do the same for her!

I am still trucking on with trying to get my 10,000 steps.  Two days in a row, I have gotten to 10,000 steps.  Tonight, I may not make that, but I am fine with that.  I think a slow day is needed, then crack on with getting my steps in per day.  I am very close to making my goal and that makes me happy.  I get under that 300 number, that is the first step.  Next major goal, get under the 290 number.  Just a little bit at time and whittle the weight away.

I really want to lose the weight badly.  I am just afraid my patience won't hold.  That bothers me a lot.  Maybe what is bothering me is the drama from work.  I just wish I never had to mess with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment