Monday, January 20, 2014

Things That Make You Go "AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!"

Tonight, I was called upon to look at an issue.  I identified the problem was a data submission issue.  Basically, I cannot change the data sent into the system - it is whatever the caller sends to the program and it forwards the data elsewhere.  No one wanted to hear that - they wanted me to fix their problem.  Another situation where it is believed that I can fix anything.  As I thought about it, I wish I had Harry Potter's wand - that would fix everything.

I received my 2014 planner calendar refills today.  All of the quarters are neatly shrink-wrapped and such.  However, you cannot tell which quarter each one is for on the outside of the packaging.  Argh!  Now, I have to open each one.

When I got home from work tonight, my legs were still aching from the long walk I took during work.  Of course, I needed to walk the dogs.  Chloe has to stop and sniff darn near every place on the walk.  It is so frustrating, especially when you are trying to get those extra steps.  What really irritates me - when she needs to go potty, she will worry me to death over it until I take her.  Once she is out there, she piddles around during the walk.

Patience is a virtue - I need to get me some of that!

...and yes, I am choosing to be happy.  I did some happy dancing this evening, even though inside, I was feeling a bit like garbage.

God's Message to Me:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you can let yourself be happier.

Happiness is a choice, although often it might seem otherwise. And it starts small. Today do something that makes you feel happy, and tell your friends about it.

...I just did that!

No comments:

Post a Comment