Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Keep Calm and Concentrate on the Goal...

Having one of those days where the scale shows you gained a pound and that internal frustration kicks at you.  Not fun. 

So, today, I must remind myself - Keep Calm and Concentrate on the Goal!

I can do this and I will do this.  I did not get here overnight and I cannot expect it to melt off overnight, either.  It can be done and it will be done.

The FitBit program is reminding me that I need to up my game a bit.  For the past several nights, I get a text message telling me that I am just 1500-2000 step away from meeting my 10,000 step goal.  By the time I get that message, I am already too exhausted to expend anymore energy.

The positive thing I do take away from that is the fact I am that close!  That is great!  Now, I know I just need to work a bit harder at getting there.  Once I am there, I need to make sure I can make the 10,000 steps per day for a month, then raise the bar by 2000 steps.  All the while, making sure my diabetes stays on track.  I have to admit, the blood sugar numbers remain relatively low and that is great for me. 

Just keep marching on!

Today's message from God to me - I suppose I may have a hearing problem, but I am afraid it is probably more a case of cannot see the forest for the trees:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

you've been talking to God too much, and not listening enough.

Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you become quiet and listen to God. You've learned how to talk and ask well. Time to learn how to listen and hear, because God has been answering you.

No comments:

Post a Comment