Friday, January 10, 2014

Keep On Keeping On...

As a friend of mine put it, that is what I am doing.  I have been trying to be as strict as I can possibly be on this meal substitution plan.  Sometimes, I sneak in some additional snacks to get me past my occasional hunger pangs, but the snacks are either nuts or some meat.  No candy, cakes, cupcakes, or the like. 

Today, I did end up having to drink some Dr. Pepper.  My blood sugar was 66 and I was feeling the shakes.  After about 15-20 minutes, my blood sugar was back up to 118.  Still, the Dr. Pepper cost me a few calories.  I figure it makes some sense since I missed my mid-morning snack.

I find that I really need to eat about every 2 hours.  Maybe not *huge* meals, but I do need to get those snacks into my plan.

I passed up a donut offered to me today.  That showed some will power because I would have normally gotten just one.  I explained that I would have loved to have the donut, but I am determined this time.  I want to follow this through to see how well I can do.

It is very important to me to lose this weight.  I want to reduce the amount of medication I need to take day by day.  I also want to feel better about myself.  That is why this is so important to me. 

I try to keep reminding myself, in a positive way, that by losing weight, I am doing this for me.  I cannot buy into the fantasy that by dropping this weight, the man of my dreams will come and sweep me off my feet and everyone will love the new "me."  I am sure people will be happy for me, but the honest truth, I want to lose this weight to feel better.

In my effort to work on liking myself, I make sure I put on some make up before heading out.  I think I have finally found a nice daytime look that is professional and not too wild.  I do like the wilder side of putting on make up.  Maybe that is where I am most creative - playing with make up to play up those features I think are my best.

One look is from Two-Faced Naked Eye palette.  Using the "Day" colors provides a really soft and natural look.  I sweep a bit of "Who's Your Poppy" blush across the cheeks.  I have not quite found the right lip color for this look, but I will keep looking.

MAC has a great "nude" collection.  I have tried it and it is awesome.  The colors blend so well to provide a soft, natural look.  The "Morning Rose" lip stick and "Hell Bound" gloss work perfectly for a nice lip combo.  I have been pleased with that product line.

I admit, I am so very thankful to have discovered Too Faced Lip Insurance.  No more feathering and the color stays in place. 

Next, I have been putting together all of those thoughts and such that have been running through my mind.  I have been using the "A Novel Idea" app for the iPad.  That application is so great.  I put together several "chapter" descriptions quickly.  The cool part, I can expand on those ideas and flesh them out later.  That should help considerably.  The application has really helped me with thinking through my various characters.  Who are they and what makes them tick.

Everything is plugging along and I work to stay positive, even though there are times I get a bit unnerved - like when I took the selfie and really looked at it.  As a friend and I were discussing last night, this is probably the best thing I could do.  Otherwise, I will never see the change myself.  I see myself everyday and even when I lost a great deal of weight, all I saw was the large me.  I could not see the smaller version of myself.  I just had to keep telling myself - you are not going to look like this for long - you will see change and you must stick with it.

For an ending laugh and smile - this would so be me:

Dawn French Kisses Hugh Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment