Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Chaos Continues...

I have decided I know what I want for my birthday.  I would flip over the world to find this man standing at my door:

Richard Armitage

I am a bit nutty, but hey, that is the secret to my so-called youthful appearance!  I will admit, I would love to find a similar man with the same voice.  O-M-G - his voice sends me into a whole other world.  He is a fantastic actor and love his work.  I am sure we will see more of him here, which is great. 


Now, that I have that out of my system.  Everyone can get a good laugh at me and feel good.  :-)  That is why I am here, folks - have a good laugh.  It really does fix what ails you.

Speaking of youthful appearances, I decided to try a new facial system for my skin.  I love those mini kits you can get in the stores.  That way, you don't waste a lot of money on the separate products.  With the crazy Texas weather, my hands are dry and cracking.  Not a good thing.  My face is drying out a bit as well, so I figured, time for the moisturizer.  

Yesterday, I went to the apartment gym and made a huge mistake.  I got on the treadmill and tried out the walking course.  Oooooo...poor choice.  I am so not ready for that!  My legs were killing me after about 5 minutes.  I finally had to switch the treadmill back down to manual and just walk normally.  The point is to be active, not kill myself. 

I toyed with not going to the Stars game last night.  On one hand, I was tired and just wanted to kick back and relax.  However, it was the Stars vs the Penguins - I needed to be there!  I am so glad I went - the Stars shut down Sidney Crosby and I enjoyed a great Stars win!  Wooo-hoo!

It is so funny.  Everyone tells me they can tell how much I am really enjoying the season tickets for the hockey games.  I know the men at work think I am a total hockey nerd now, but I do love watching the team play.  As I have said, I also like the sense of community amongst the crowd.  It is really awesome.  We hate to watch the team lose, but we are in the seats cheering them on at every home game.  Next year, I am considering upgrading my seats down to the second level.

I did notice that I do not feel so crowded at the games.  There is a bonus.  I talked to the wife of the family of four that sits next to me.  On Tuesday night, the account managers invited everyone in our section and others next to it for a free drink in the Platinum Club.  I asked her how the cakes were - I had seen her daughter and her making the purchase while talking to my account manager.  She said that the brownie was out of this world, but cost $7.00 and the carrot cake was bleh, but it cost $8.50.  We both laughed - for that cost, it should have been better than the brownie!  Food at the AAC is so stupidly expensive.  Last night, I did not even buy a bottle of water.  I have obviously made some progress there.  Still, I can smell those "crack" cinnamon roasted pecans/cashews calling my name when I get there.  It smells so good!  I have to keep telling myself - keep moving - damn things are like a bad drug.  However, I highly recommend them to anyone who does not have to watch their waistline.  They are da bomb!  (Seriously - I would eat those over popcorn, pretzels, and the hot wings.)

This week will be the last week that I get to eat regular food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Next week, back on the shakes for breakfast and lunch.  I bought some fresh veggies to carry with me for snacks.  I have also enlisted the help of an old high school friend for fitness tips.  We had talked about his being my personal trainer a couple of years ago and it just fell through the cracks.  Now, since I am actually doing something, we are going to meet up in FTW next Saturday.  I haven't seen him in a while, but he told me to show up with pencil, paper, and my beautiful smile.  I am sure that he is being nice before he starts kicking my butt - only kidding, he is a great guy.  He does have quite a few success stories on getting people into shape and besides that, he is already in great shape.  I remember him telling another high school friend at a get together what he needed to stop doing to lose weight.  The other guy was like "No way I am cutting out the ice cream at night."  It was hilarious to hear.

I am sure in the upcoming weeks, you will hear more about this.  I am excited.  Maybe by the time the 30th reunion rolls around, I will look different, but in a good way.  However, I am more worried about being healthy than the vanity aspect - that is just the icing on the cake.  Also, there is the self-confidence business.  Let's be honest, losing weight or not, I need to go with my gut and quit second guessing myself.  That seems to be my stumbling block.

Today's Message From God To Me - rather interesting:

Today,  we believe God wants you to know that ...

no matter how good you try to be to others, you will occasionally hurt them. Forgive yourself for it.

The same will happen with them. Forgive them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment