Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 2 - Plowing Right Along...

So far, the scale is trying to tell me that I have lost 10 lbs.  Now, I know most of that is water due to having started this change right before that big time of the month (ugh).  My GP and Endo both know I gain about 10 lbs of water right before and never quite sure why.  It happens, then it flushes out.  I have been making sure I drink plenty of water - most days over 64 oz.

So, rather than be discouraged, I will that that 10 lb loss as a good thing.  Just remind myself - stick to it!

Last night, I went to the Stars game.  I got there early enough to check out the "Fresh Market" at the AAC.  If you have not been to the AAC lately and looking for some healthy options, check this kiosk out when you go.  Again, the prices are going to be like anything else there - too high.  However, I found fruit cups, various wraps, and salads.  I bought a grilled vegetable wrap last night and it was delicious!  I am not even kidding on this one!  It surprised even myself.  The wrap was a flour tortilla with cabbage, shredded carrots, grilled onions, zucchini, and squash.  It was crunchy and savory - which really filled my snack need at the time.  I also bought a 20 oz bottle of water to drink.  For those interested in cost, it was $10 to both - $6.00 for the wrap and $4.00 for the bottle of water (insane - I KNOW!).

Having said that, I could have spent more on just getting the bottomless popcorn and soda for $12.00 and still been over the hill nutrition wise.

For the rest of the season, I will be probably hitting this kiosk for any food or drink items.  I am glad that there is such an option there.  It really helps me with my decisions and curbs my desire to get the cinnamon roasted nuts.  (Ahhhh...I just love the smell of those roasted nuts!  Reminds me of a cold Christmas no matter what time of the year it is.)

God's message to me today:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

animals and children can be incredible role models.

Even 'roll models'. Watch them as they roll around on the grass, scratching their backs, feet gleefully kicking up in the air. Notice the freedom they enjoy and the obvious joy they feel in that freedom. This freedom is very important for adults, too. Don't get stuck in ruts of seriousness. Let your wild spirit run free once in a while.

Ah - yes.  I realize I have not been quite so serious lately, but you know, I always want to make people laugh.  I agree with so many - laughter cures what ails you.  Nothing brings more joy than laughter, whether it is a dirty joke or telling a story about something you did that was silly.  The other truth - actual stories make the funniest tales to tell.

I will say that there are some people who may think I am a bit too silly.  That is okay - they are just wrapped up in being too serious.  Give us all a break - cut loose today!

No comments:

Post a Comment