Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Late Night Musings...

This evening was very interesting, to say the very least.  Last week, I had received an email from my Dallas Stars account manager.  There would be a special "season ticket holder" event held tonight for those in my section and others around me.  Basically, it was an invitation to go to the Platinum Club area and have a free drink.

I went, with everyone else in my section, to see what it was all about.  That section in the AAC is very interesting.  So many restaurants and bars.  Then, again, I felt I probably should not be in that area due to my people watching.  There was a coffee bar with these huge cakes I have only seen at The Cheesecake Factory.  The family of four that sit next to me were getting their share of the cake.  LOL  I figured I may have picked up 5 lbs from just looking at the display.

I saw my former account manager while I was standing and watching the game.  He is a handsome guy who is incredibly sweet.  He remembered me because I was easy - I never made any trouble or caused any headaches.  We talked about the team and I said that I know they were going through a rough patch, but I can see the potential in that group.  The team probably won't make the play-offs, but I know that they just need a bit more time to gel and they will get there soon enough.

Next, he told me that he would be getting married soon.  (Too bad for me!  LOL)  He had just bought a house and with the games going to every other day, it was pretty hectic.  I could sympathize - the schedule is a bit of a beating right now.

I did find out that there were some other extra things that season ticket holders could get.  With that knowledge, I asked him about the day where a friend and her son will be attending with me.  I thought since the poor boy was sick the first go around, maybe I could manage something special for him.  It was so great to hear my former account manager tell me that there were things that they could do to make it special for him that day.  I was so very grateful.  I just have to email my current account manager and copy my former account manager with that information.  That is why I miss my old account manager.  He was a real sweetheart and so very nice.

I left the game early.  I know the dogs probably needed that potty walk as I was unable to get them out the door before I left for the game.  I managed to get home, walk the dogs, then fix myself some soup and a salad.  Overall, I did well with my meals today.  I am trying to watch my carb and fat intake.  I hope that I can keep up the weight loss and continue to feel better about myself.

The one thing I need to work on is my self-confidence.  I was reminded tonight that I constantly second-guess myself.  A friend said that I really need to go with my gut and stick to it.  I was a smart woman and if I fail, just remember the lesson learned and do not do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment