Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 3 - Meal Substitution Plan...

So far, I have not lost it and just thrown in the towel and that is a good thing!  The Glucerna shakes are not too bad.  Vanilla is a tad too sweet and chocolate is fair.  I am making a point to log the food I eat on the FitBit web site as well as blog how I am feeling at the time.

My biggest problem is making sure I eat my snacks when I should.  I tend to get wrapped up into what is going on and forget or push it aside.  Just after these first couple of days, it is becoming more important to make sure I get those mid-morning and afternoon snacks.  Otherwise, I get this incredible hunger.  That part is not good because I will reach for just about anything.

Keeping that in mind, I started drinking my morning shake at 9 AM, so I need to get my mid-morning snack in at 11 AM, Lunch at 1 PM, mid-afternoon snack at 3 PM, and work on getting my dinner in between 6 and 7.  Luckily, I have had leftovers for dinner, so that has helped with cutting down the prep work.  I think the best approach is probably to consider making larger meals over the weekends, then putting the leftovers away for dinner during the week.  Also, I have a lot of salad makings and soup.  (When satisfying my craving for La Madeleine's tomato basil soup and chicken caesar salad, I got some jars of soup.  I do love a good soup and salad.)

When I get off of this two week stint with the shakes, I will have to work on healthier meals for breakfast and lunch.  I honestly feel I have a handle on this.  I remember in 2006/2007, I would make sandwiches and use grape tomatoes and carrots as a substitute for the chips.  Worked really well.

Bonus side on all of this - savings in the pocket book as well as less groceries to buy.  If I lose weight within this month and keep it off, there are bonuses everywhere.  I just need to resist the urge to fall back into bad habits.

My message from God:

Today, we believe God wants you to know that ...

faith soothes all suffering.

Nothing is that difficult when you have God on your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment